Hello Hello Hello!!
I have not written in about 7 months. That is baffling to me. So many new things have started to unfold on this curving path of life, and I want to catch this crowd up!
- I have started some truly amazing Art courses where I’m working under renowned artists from all over the country. (yes, it’s incredible)
- I have an amazing job at Magnolia Market where I get to work under Chip and Joanna Gaines (HGTV’s Fixer Upper) and be a part of this new and fast-paced company with them here in Waco, TX
- I have decided to go to Florence next fall and study Studio Art at the SACI University of Art (which I am more than a little excited for)🎉
- I am so excited to be a part of Buttoned Bears Pop-Up Shop of this Spring 2016! Come see me and buy some of my WILDTHREADS CO. embroidery hoops on April 29th from 3:00-6:00 pm!🌵
- I am currently a t-shirt chair for AXO here at Baylor, and it’s been pure S-T-R-E-S-S
- I’ve started writing a short story about a mother and her son (which I have no plans for😂)
- And I am, everyday, surrounded by the most genuinely beautiful girls, and it is my privilege to call them friends
I get to draw, paint, weld, torch, knit, and sew on a daily basis. My hands are constantly layered with charcoal or ink, and I cannot describe the joy it brings me! Yes, these projects are hard and very challenging. I have burns, cuts, stains, and scars, but, man, is it fun! I will never stop thanking my dad for the gift of Baylor and then my other Father for the blessings that have followed me since day one!
This is starting to sound like a long, overwritten Facebook status, and I’m almost expecting comments like:
“MIMI, YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME AT SCHOOL. SENDING YOU LOVE FROM MISSISSIPPI. -AUNT MARY”
(I really get these from my great aunt, 93, who has had her computer keyboard stuck on caps lock for as long as I can remember…)
But to answer her back: I am having a great time, Aunt Mary. I really am.
PS: Tell the dog I say hey
I feel like I’m right where I need to be, right in the middle of content and challenged, and I’m really liking the view…